When you purchase a SIRIUS Stiletto portable series radio you first should update it. While the Stiletto is on the shelf in a store, updates are being created, so when you first receive your radio you should update it to place the current version of firmware on the unit.
The Stiletto can be updated two different ways.:
First and easiest way is to connect the SIRIUS Stiletto up to a Wi-Fi connection(Wi-Fi passkey may be required). Make sure you are able to hear the channels through the Internet Radio section on the Stiletto’s home screen. If you leave the Stiletto playing on the Wi-Fi radio after a few minutes it will begin to update itself.
The Second way to update a SIRIUS Stiletto is a little more involved, but not necessarily harder.
1. Power on your home computer and install the MSS (My SIRIUS Studio) CD that comes with the SIRIUS Stiletto. Also found here for download: My SIRIUS Studio
2. After the MSS program is installed on the computer, connect the Stiletto USB Cable to the USB port on your computer.
3. When Windows recognizes the Stiletto being connected it will ask which program you would like to manage this device with. Choose My SIRIUS Studio.
4. Open My SIRIUS Studio, if it does not open automatically, then on the Right Hand side scroll over the Stiletto picture/icon. Click on the icon that looks like a cog or gear, just to the right and below of the Stiletto icon.
5. Click on the Gear or Cog icon by the Stiletto and select Check for Update. This download will make sure that your Stiletto is running with the current update released by SIRIUS.
If you feel like you have a Stiletto problem please feel free to comment below and I will find an answer for you. Thanks for reading!