This Power Cord is an aftermarket alternative to the OEM SiriusXM PowerConnect Vehicle Power Adapter. This Coiled Adapter is more sturdy and durable but it is only for use as a Power Adapter and won't provide the FM Transmitter boost that the OEM Adapter will. If you have audio connected via an Aux Cable or an FM Direct Adapter this Coiled Cord is a good option.
Works with the Following PowerConnect Vehicle Cradles Only
- XM PowerConnect Vehicle Dock XDPIV1, XDPIV2
- Sirius PowerConnect Vehicle Dock SDPIV1
- XM XMP3i (PowerConnect) Vehicle Dock XAPV2
IMPORTANT: It is crucial to confirm compatibility with your dock. This power adapter IS NOT compatible with all 5V docks. This power adapter will ONLY work with Color Coded Docks/Cradles. Please double check the back or sides of your dock prior to ordering.
|Example of PowerConnect Dock||Tip of PowerConnect Adapter|
PowerConnect™ is a method of connecting your radio to your car stereo's FM Radio. Put simply, PowerConnect™ cigarette lighter adapters send an FM signal to your car stereo rather than through the air.
Alternate Product Options
- To Power a PowerConnect Cradle in your home use the PCAC PowerConnect Home Adapter
- If you prefer to Hardwire your Satellite Radio and eliminate using Power through the Cigarette Lighter Adapter use the Hardwire Power Kit
- If your vehicle has a USB Slot and your Satellite Radio's audio is connected via an Aux Cable or FM Direct Adapter consider the USB to 5V PowerConnect Cable