IMPORTANT: It is crucial to confirm compatibility with your dock. This power adapter IS NOT compatible with all 5V docks.
|Example of PowerConnect Dock||Tip of PowerConnect Adapter|
PowerConnect™ is a method of connecting your radio to your car stereo's FM Radio. Put simply, PowerConnect™ cigarette lighter adapters send an FM signal to your car stereo rather than through the air.
- This adapter fits Sirius, XM and SIRIUS XM Car Cradles with a PowerConnect™ jack. (Car cradles with a red ring around the power jack or red "Power" text under the jack.)
- If your PowerConnect™ radio's sound is hardwired this adapter will work well for you. To easily find out if your sound is hardwired, count the number of wires plugged into your dock. If you have 2, you sound is NOT hardwired. If you have 3, your sound is hardwired.)
- If you only have 2 cables plugged into the back of your car dock, this will power your satellite radio, but not aid in broadcasting the FM Signal to your car radio. Consider purchasing the FM Direct Adapter for clean and clear audio from your SIRIUS, XM, or SIRIUS XM installation.
- If your old power adapter doesn't have a red tip, this won't work. If you have an adapter with a red tip, go to step 2.
- All car docks/cradles have at least 2 cables attached to it - the satellite radio antenna, and the power cable. These are all that are necessary to make the satellite receiver work. In many cases a third cable is connected to help the audio connection. If you have 3 cables connected to your dock, this is a great alternate Powerconnect Adapter.
- If you only have the power and antenna cables connected to your dock, this adapter may hurt the sound quality of the FM transmission strength currently used by your radio.